2018 TÜRKIYE BURSLARI SCHOLARSHIPS (3RD ROUND)May 2, 2018
OPEN SOCIETY INTERNSHIP FOR RIGHTS AND GOVERNANCE 2018 IN HUNGARYMay 2, 2018
DEADLINE-MAY 16, 2018
The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior-level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
- In partnership with cewas, Young Water Solutions will offer 10 young entrepreneurs (‘’Fellows’’) the possibility to participate in Cewas’ Start-up Training Programme.
- Fellows will also be assigned mentors, get the chance to exponentially increase their supporting networks in the water and entrepreneurship sectors, and apply for seed-funding for the first steps of implementation of their social enterprises.
- All training costs (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals, and training fees) will be covered by the organizers. However, you are expected to cover only your visa expenses
and local transportation from and to the airport in your country of residence.
- You are 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application (born between May 17th 1987 and May 16th 2000). No exceptions are made.
• You are the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be a social enterprise (or a project that can be turned into a social enterprise. In this case, we will help you develop it during the workshop) in its initial stages.
• You are a citizen and resident of a low or middle-income country (according to the DAC-definition, see countries listed in Annex 1).
• You have a valid passport (that expires after March 2019) and you are available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that these dates might be subject to change).
• You have at least an intermediate knowledge of English; you are able to understand and express opinions in this language (the workshop will be held in English). However, the form can be filled in in English, French or Spanish.
Eligible Regions: Low and Middle-Income Countries
SOURCE – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY