DEADLINE-APRIL 20, 2018
The UN Women Internship Programme offers outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UN Women’s work in areas such as strategic partnership, communications, advocacy, policy, security, evaluation, human resources, programme planning, research and data, finance, and ICT.
The UN Women is recruiting interns for their Women, Peace, and Security programme. Candidates with strong academic background in international development or peace and security are encouraged to apply.
- Become a leading global gender equality entity.
- Learning creative problem-solving.
- Grow respect for diversity.
- Develop leadership qualities promoting gender equality.
- Enrolled in a Master’s post-master’s or doctorate programme, or be in the final year of a first university degree programme (bachelor’s level or equivalent) in law, gender studies, international relations, human rights, development studies or related field.
- Applicant must be fluent in English.
- Applicants with working knowledge of one other UN official language are highly preferred.
- Candidates must have knowledge and understanding of post-conflict contexts, especially as related to women and gender issues.
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan.
- Applicants must have the ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Applicants are required to have excellent communications skills.
- Interns should be able to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural background.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
SOURCE- YOUTH OPPORTUNITY