DEADLINE-APRIL 14, 2017
Applications are invited for 40 UNESCO/POLAND Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships for applicants from Africa, Arab states, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean. Fellowships will be given to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
Applicants must hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
List of Subjects: Drilling Engineering, Geophysics or Physics, Decision Engineering, Automation in Mining Devices, Mining devices, Transport Engineering, Manufacturing Transport Engineering, Sensor Engineering, Economic Sociology and Economics, Foundry Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Geology, Computer Vision, Materials Science, Nanotechnology, Composite Materials, Computer Vision, Geology and Mining, Gas Engineering and Geoturism
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities:
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations. Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organized for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair.
- Monthly allowance of 1600 PLN (1 USD = approximately 4,0 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and; (iii) A one-time special allowance of 1600 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- No provision to finance or lodge family members is made.
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution, this certificate will be given after receipt of the requested reports and financial clearance from the Institution.
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
- Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be a member of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Eligible Regions: Students from Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean can apply for these UNESCO fellowships.
SOURCE- YOUTH OPPORTUNITY