VENUE-CENTRAL EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY, BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
STARTING ON-(JUNE 11 – 24, 2018)
The Open Society Internship for Rights and Governance (OSIRG), a joint program of OSF and the School of Public Policy at Central European University (SPP at CEU), is specifically tailored to invest in the next generation of leaders poised to pursue these ideas. The program takes a broad definition of human rights and governance that is inclusive of promoting fundamental freedoms, expanding public access to information, challenging inequalities through development and rights, and advancing approaches to ensuring transparency and accountability in a global context.
The highly competitive program allows a limited number of students from top public policy schools to immerse themselves in the ideas and practice of open society through a clinical seminar held in Budapest at the School of Public Policy at Central European University, followed by an 8- to 12-week intensive internship at a policy- and rights-oriented nongovernmental organization selected for its outstanding work.
- Ability to work to build alliances across borders and continents on issues such as corruption and freedom of information
- Shape public policies that assure greater fairness in political, legal, and economic systems, and safeguard fundamental rights.
- The Foundations will also provide a stipend during the seminar and internship periods.
- The cost of student travel and accommodations during the clinical seminar and internship period will be covered by OSF.
- Ability to work under mentors from host institutions.
- Work in projects by immersing in creative ideas.
- Opportunity to build networks worldwide.
In 2017-2018, master’s candidates from the following universities will be eligible to participate in OSIRG:
- An-Najah National University, Faculty of Economics & Social Sciences
- An-Najah National University, Faculty of Law
- American University of Beirut, Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- Birzeit University Muwatin Institute for Democracy and Human Rights
- Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Makerere University School of Law
- School of Public Policy at Central European University
- Sciences Po Paris School of International Affairs
- The International University of Rabat, School of Political Science (Science Po Rabat)
- The University of Chicago, Harris School of Public Policy
- The University of Hong Kong, Journalism and Media Studies Centre
- The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law
- University of the Andes, Alberto Lleras Camargo School of Government
- University of the Andes, Masters in International Law
- University of Pretoria Centre for Human Rights
- University of Toronto Munk School of Global Affairs
Eligible Regions: Open For All
SOURCE – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY