MANDELA RHODES FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS 2018March 31, 2017
WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI) RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 2017.March 31, 2017
DEADLINE – APRIL 14, 2017
The Global Centre for Public Service Excellence (GCPSE) in Singapore seeks to enlist 2-3 full-time interns to support the programme of the Centre during the summer academic break. GCPSE interns will be given the opportunity to work on a research subject that complements their academic studies and connects with the thematic focus of the GCPSE through direct practical work assignments.
The intern will be responsible for the following:
- Follow one or several mutually agreed research projects which are aligned with the research agenda of the Centre and in the academic interest of the intern. The topic(s) will be agreed upon before the start of the internship. Each research project would have a final deliverable in the form of one or several knowledge products (e.g. case study, discussion paper, web story, blog post). The final product may be published by GCPSE, if found to be of acceptable quality;
- Identify sources for high quality research and case studies to strengthen the GCPSE’s evidence building agenda through desk or web-based research;
- Contribute to GCPSE’s convening activities / events (e.g. internal & external communications, ad-hoc research in response to requests from partners, prepare GCPSE knowledge sharing initiatives and event management) by the GCPSE team.
- Internships within the UN system are unpaid and subject to conditions with which applicants should become familiar with prior to signing an internship agreement.
- Costs for work-related local travel will be reimbursed as long as they have been cleared beforehand by the GCPSE Director. Costs for the daily commute are not reimbursable;
- Preferable fields of study are public administration/policy, development studies, political science as well as visual communication /graphic design.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Experience in the development sector and/or civil service is desirable;
- Computer literacy in standard office software applications;
- Experience with social media and graphic design software is an added advantage;
- Familiar with international development and public service challenges
Eligible Regions: Not Specified
SOURCE – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY