CALL FOR PAPERS: ISTR AFRICA NETWORK CONFERENCE 2017 – ACCRA, GHANA (SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE).March 3, 2017
COSPAR CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOP 2017 IN KUMASI, GHANAMarch 10, 2017
DEADLINE – MARCH 10 2017
Applications are invited for the RBM and UN Coordination Intern in Istanbul, Turkey. Under the guidance and supervision of the Coordination and Planning Specialist of UN Women ECA Regional Office (ECA RO), the intern will provide the support to the implementation of 2017 Work Plan of ECA RO, specifically the planned activities in the areas of UN Coordination, planning and RBM.
Intern will provide the support to the implementation of 2017 Work Plan of ECA RO, specifically the planned activities in the areas of UN Coordination, planning and RBM.
- The intern should be pursuing academic studies in public administration, programme management, gender studies, international development, international relations, social sciences or other similar subject at post graduate level.
- Be enrolled in a post graduate school programme (second university degree, or equivalent, or higher)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required.
- Working knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
Experience and skills:
- Strong computer skills with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point are required.
- Skills and experience in using basic data analysis functions of Microsoft Excel to analyze quantitative data and to visualize data and findings are required.
- Basic knowledge and experience in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming in the development and/or humanitarian context is required.
- Experience in conducting comparative/multi-country analysis and generating analytical reports, using quantitative and qualitative methods, would be an asset.
- Experience and knowledge in results-based planning, monitoring, reporting and/or evaluation would be an asset.
- Experience in supporting gender-related programmes and initiatives at the global, regional or country level would be an asset.
- Experience in organizing events and/or training would be an asset.
- UN Women will not pay for the internship; all the expenses connected with it will be borne by the intern;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The Intern must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan;
- The Intern will not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UN Women during the period of my internship or for the six months immediately following the expiration date thereof;
- The Intern will be personally responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
Eligible Regions: Global
SOURCE – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY