Deadline – April 12, 2019
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) scholarship offered by the Indonesian government provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies that will subsequently enhance their chances to fulfill those roles back in their home countries. The KNB scholarship opens the opportunity to experience life in the culturally most diverse nation in the world while studying and earning a master degree.
The scholarship is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master Degree at one of 16 prominent universities in Indonesia. Between 2009 – 2017 periods, we have been awarding 992 scholarships to students coming from 71 developing countries around the world.
- Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program Maximum 12 months
- Master Program Maximum 24 months (4 semesters)
- The online application process must be completed no later than April 12th, 2019;
- Selection process will be conducted on the 2nd week of April 2019;
- The selection result will be announced on the 2nd week of May 2019;
- Confirmation Deadline is on July 24th, 2019
- The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on August 6th, 2019;
- Fields of study (be advised that not every university offers the following fields of study):
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Science
- Multi-disciplinary Studies
- Period of Study:
- Indonesian Language: 8 Months
- Master Preparatory Programs: 4 Months
- Master Programs: 24 Months (4 Semester)
- Research in the framework of the graduate program should be carried out in Indonesia.
- Should the research be carried in the respective home country, all the cost will be borne by the respective student.
The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,250,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- Living Allowance IDR 2,550,000
- Research Allowance IDR 400,000
- Books Allowance IDR 350,000
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- The duration of scholarship is exclusively correlated to the duration of the academic program as indicated below:
- The scholarship is paid for 12 calendar months each academic year during the normal period of study, except the last academic year of the normal period of study when the scholarship is paid for 8 months. Please be advised that in case of early program completion, all scholarships payment will be stopped by the time the awardee set off for home (returning to home country).
- Please be advised that the scholarship scheme will only sufficient to cover one person to living properly in most cities where the universities are located.
* Note: Other expenses besides above-mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old
- Applicant must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicant must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website)
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter
- Complete the online application process
- Selection process
- Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia)
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English)
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Source – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY