YALE YOUNG AFRICAN SCHOLARS PROGRAM 2017 LAUNCHES IN NEW LOCATIONS (FUNDED)January 16, 2017
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FORUM ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND UN SDG’S 2017 IN NEPALJanuary 16, 2017
Deadlines: January 15, March 15 and May 15, 2017 IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program supports research sabbaticals for mathematicians from African developing countries employed in Africa to travel to an internationally known mathematical center of excellence/university (Worldwide) for collaborative research. The program is not for any post graduate courses or post-doctoral training but for a limited research period. The program will run for 5 years until September 2021. There will be approximately 6 deadlines per year. Fellowship The grant under this scheme will cover:
- Travel costs from the place of work of the applicant to that of the host to the extent of economy class airfare (Public) transport (surface transport by rail or bus between the nearest city where the airport is located and the headquarters of the candidate or the city/town where the host institution is located, if necessary);
- Visa fees;
- Travel insurance charges;
- Basic living costs;
- Accommodation cost (guest house of the institution or rented flat if possible);
- Maximum four (4) Taxi fares (on submission of receipts) may be allowed to travel between the residence and the airport/railway station (upon arrival and departure).
- Maximum support per grantee is USD 5,000 (the money is transferred in EURO).
All invoices including all boarding tickets have to be kept by the grantee and be sent (original) to the CDC/ IMU Secretariat by regular mail. Unspent funds have to be returned to CDC. Eligibility
- Open to mathematicians from developing African countries.
Application Process In order to apply please take the following steps:
- Please fill out and submit the online application form for the IMU-Simons Programs;
- Then send the application with all requested documents (two CVs: of the host and the applicant, detailed Research plan, invitation letter by the host institution, letter by the home institution, budget details (in EURO)) as one joint pdf document to CDC Grants via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is NOT completed by the deadline, it CANNOT be considered for evaluation. Please send your application at least two weeks in advance so it can be checked. Upcoming Deadlines
- January 15th, 2017 (Decisions will be made by February 28, 2017)
- March 15th, 2017 (Decisions will be made by April 30, 2017)
- May 15, 2017 (Decisions will be made by June 31,2017)
Source – Opportunity Desk