Deadline – September 30, 2018
IDEX is developing the next wave of “social intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world! IDEX Fellows undergo six months of leadership and business development training by working full-time for social enterprises across India.
In our 8 years of running the IDEX Global Fellows Program, they have worked with some of the most influential change agents. They’ve come to better understand how to bridge the talent gap in the development sector. Now, they’re searching all corners of the world for individuals who are committed and passionate about having a high-impact career and advancing the social impact space.
They are seeking young professionals (ages 21-35) who have a proven track record of leadership and are seeking to use their education and skills to address social and economic challenges for under-served populations. IDEX Fellows come from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, as each individual fellowship position requires different specific skills.
- 3 Week Virtual Orientation + 1 Week Field Orientation to induct you into India’s social sector and prepare you for the next six-month field experience
- 24 Weeks Social Enterprise Placement in India where your professional growth will be matched by personal growth while equipping you with the right tools to excel
- Supported with a relevant, creative and progressive curriculum covering Social Innovation, Communications & Outreach, Resource Mobilization and Impact Assessment
- Capacity Building Workshops & Meetings led by Subject Matter Experts and Mentors-in-Residence who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields
- Pre-departure Virtual Training
- Monthly Transportation Stipend of $125 (approx. INR 8500) for the 6 months of fellowship term (prorated for the first and last months)
- Housing in Bangalore for 1st month of fellowship term
- Monthly capacity building workshops
- Networking opportunities
- An advising program that pairs fellows with local resident mentors and a curated curriculum
- A one-week Orientation in Bangalore, India to begin the fellowship
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Internationally recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise
- Strategically transitioning your professional skills to service the development sector in one of the biggest emerging markets
- Adding professional credibility with this one of a kind, on the ground experience
- Being engaged with an incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows bring to the program.
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities
- A global family for life!
Ideal candidates should possess:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource-constrained environments
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying creative solutions to deepen impact
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Source – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY