Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Programme 2017 – SingaporeDecember 1, 2016
African Program Spring Internship – Washington DC, USADecember 1, 2016
Deadline: January 18, 2017
Are you part of the next generation of global health leaders? Apply now to the Global Health Corps Fellowship 2017/18. The GHC fellowship is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity which places you in the real world, amidst real problems. It won’t be easy, but it will be transformational and rewarding.
Through your application, the Global Health Corps wants to understand who you are, what your personal vision of leadership is, what your social justice values are, and how you are working toward them. They also want to understand your perspective on the power of young leaders to change the world, why you want to be a part of the GHC community, and what you will contribute.
- Year-long paid placements (June 25, 2016 – July 9, 2017) within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems;
- In addition to on-the-job training, fellows engage in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellow receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
- Be 30 years or younger by June 25, 2017;
- Hold a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by June 25, 2017;
- Be proficient in English;
- Be willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, to embrace failure, and to approach a personally transformative year – with many challenges in the day-to-day – with integrity, humility, and self-reflection;
- Be ready to listen openly to others, embracing a range of perspectives and experiences while remaining open to having their own perspectives shift;
- Be able to understand the hard, complex work of building just health systems and have the patience, resilience, and motivation to see these challenges through;
- Be empathetic, with a commitment to self-care and the wellbeing of others;
- Be passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to effect health impact;
- Be committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
Begin application here
- November 8, 2016: Part 1 of the application opens — general information and essays.
- December 7, 2016: Part 2 of the application opens — select up to three position descriptions for which to apply
- January 18, 2017: Application parts 1 and 2 close at 11:59pm EST. Proof of Identity and Proof of Education documents due
- February 1, 2017: Recommendation form is due (submitted directly by your reference through the online application portal)
- February – March 2017: Each application is reviewed at least twice
- March – April 2017: All semi-finalists are interviewed by Global Health Corps
- April 2017: All applicants are notified by email of their application status
- April – May 2017: 3 to 5 finalists per position are interviewed by partner organizations
- May – June 2017: Fellowship offers are extended on a rolling basis
- June 1, 2017: All applicants are notified by email of their application status on a rolling basis
- June 25 – July 9, 2017: 2017-2018 GHC fellows attend Training Institute at Yale University
Source – Opportunity Desk