COMMONWEALTH DISTANCE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIESMarch 24, 2017
THE YOUNG DIPLOMATS FORUM 2017 IN LONDON, UKMarch 24, 2017
DEADLINE – APRIL 30, 2017
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing. Its administrative office is the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Commission of Educations, which is in charge of project establishment, review, acceptance and daily management of the Beijing Government Scholarship Program. The international students applying for the Beijing Government Scholarships shall normally submit relevant materials to the universities in Beijing that he/she hope to apply.
The deadline for application varies. However, typically it ranges between January and April.
The scholarship covers tuition fees only, and it falls into the following five categories:
- Doctoral student scholarship: 40,000 RMB/person/year.
- Master student scholarship: 30,000 RMB/person/year.
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 20,000 RMB/person/year.
- Senior scholars and long term language student scholarship: 10,000 RMB/person/year
- Scholarship for exchange student (long-term or credit transferrable students) and student who make special contributions to international exchange and cooperation in the capital area: 5,000 RMB/person/year.
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for long term language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
SOURCE – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY