8th International Youth Camp Nepal (IYCN) is an experiential learning program designed for young people aged 16 to 35 years. International Youth Camp Nepal highlights cross-cultural exchange, self-exploration, leadership development, global friendship, collaboration, sustainable development goals, and youth empowerment. It’s a beautiful journey of self-discovery where you deep diving into yourself with amazing people around the world.
The series of International Youth Camp has been organized since October 2015. And now, as a trademark event of youth legend, it is organized every August and December as International Youth Summer Camp and winter camp. More than 400 young people have already participated in International Youth Camp till date.
Either you are an introvert, extrovert or ambivert, this camp is designed in a way to meet needs of everyone.
- To foster cross-cultural exchange and global friendship
- To develop leadership, team building and entrepreneurial skills among participants and empowering them to take leadership on sustainable development goals
- To help participants deep dive into themselves through various approaches of self-exploration developing better understanding of self and the world
- To help participants achieve greater self-awareness, a positive sense of well-being and live a healthy and peaceful life
- To let participants discover the beauty, culture and spirituality of land of Himalayas, Nepal
- Cultural Exchange, Food Exchange, Diversity Celebration, cross-cultural friendship
- Workshops on Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development Goals
- Team Building, Group work, Story sharing, Talent show
- Self Exploration and Awareness Session
- Dance Movement Therapy (DMT)
- Alternative to Violence Program(AVP)
- Yoga and Meditation
- Different country’s Presentation
- Local Authentic Experience (1 night Homestay experience in local village)
- World Heritage Site Visit in Kathmandu (Kathmandu has made an entry as the 5th top travel destination in Lonely Planet’s list for 2018.)
- Hike to waterfall
- Camp Fire
- Visit to Nagarkot (Nagarkot is beautiful hill station near Kathmandu from where you can see beautiful Himalayan range including Mount Everest)
- Yoga and Meditation
- Welcome, Farewell Program and a special gift
- You can also choose to extend your stay to travel to explore different parts of Nepal
Youth who go for the international program like this develop an excellent measure of personal flexibility, encompassing an ability to reach compromise, focus and succeed through challenging times. They are more comfortable in ‘foreign’ environment, become aware of career and further study option which they didn’t know existed.
Other Personal and Educational Benefits:
- Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most noticeable change in returned international camp participants.
- Broader General knowledge and understanding of the global issue and sustainable development goals. Enhance your knowledge and understanding by learning about the rich history of different countries
“What one learns in a classroom is a very small part of the learning process. The real learning starts when one crosses borders and travels miles for the real knowledge.”,Vivek Sahni
- Enhancement in your leadership, team building, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Increased acceptance, tolerance of an array of different cultural and community perspectives
- Maturity and social poise, fuelled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and comfort zone.
- Develop skills to deal with change
- Global awareness (cross-cultural skills and communication)
- Global networking opportunities
- Experience culture and countries in the most authentic way
- Long lasting memories and Global friendship
- English Proficiency. All of our programs will be conducted in English language. Therefore, you should be able to understand, speak, read and write English.
- You should be 16 to 35 years from any corner of the world.
- You should fill up a complete application form to apply.
- You should have a passport.
- You should be able to pay the camp fee.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Source – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY