Deadline – February 7, 2019
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 100 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in a global learning community.
YYGS-Beijing: Asia in the 21st Century (ATC) is administered by Yale Center Beijing and takes place in Beijing, China.
Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
Yale Young Global Scholars is an unparalleled academic and leadership program at Yale and abroad founded on the tenets of liberal arts, renowned for its diverse and inclusive community, and committed to increasing education access.
Yale Young Global Scholars emphasizes an open, exploratory, and collaborative approach to learning. Our program is designed to allow students to experience learning in a variety of different university contexts, from large lectures to small seminars, and even the spontaneous learning that happens in dining halls and around campus.
- With no grades or course credit, YYGS encourages students to approach all aspects of the program creatively and with the understanding that they set their own limits. Students receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the session.
- The diverse and inclusive community at YYGS enhances learning by inviting students to analyze issues from multiple perspectives. Living and learning alongside peers from around the world allows students to broaden their own world views by learning about countries and cultures they have never encountered before.
- Living in Yale’s residential college gives students a taste of life at Yale University. Students are able to explore Yale’s campus and the surrounding area in their down time.*
* Participants attending the ATC session will have the opportunity to explore Yale’s state of the art center in Beijing, China.
- Tuition for each session of the 2019 Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) program is $6,250 USD, which includes instruction, housing on one of Yale’s historic residential colleges in New Haven or a hotel conveniently located near the Yale Center Beijing in China, three meals per day, and optional health insurance. TRAVEL COSTS ARE NOT INCLUDED in program tuition.
- Tuition payment structure: A non-refundable deposit of $3,000 USD, payable online, is due two weeks after the decision release. The remaining tuition balance of $3,250 USD is due in May. Processing fees are not included.
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Source – YOUTH OPPORTUNITY