DEADLINE-JUNE 15, 2018
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs founded the International MANGA Award in 2007 for the purpose of expanding international exchange and mutual understanding through the MANGA culture which is widely accepted around the world. This award honors the MANGA artists who are contributing to the development of MANGA culture in the world.
(1) The Gold Award of the Japan International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA work and the Silver Award to three other excellent works.
(2) The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan on the occasion of the award ceremony for around 10 days as a supplementary prize (the fine work winners are not entitled)
(1) Eligible MANGA works need to be composed of more than 16 pages. Both published and unpublished works are eligible to apply, excluding the past winning works of Japan International Manga Awards.
(2) Eligible MANGA works should be the ones which have been produced within the past three years (2015-2018) from the date of application.
(3) Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in printed form. (Submission of data might be required later on.)
(4) Overseas publishing companies can apply to the Japan International MANGA Award, upon confirmation from the MANGA artists of submitting their work.
(5) Either the comic artist or story writer of the submitted work has to be a foreign national. Also the representative who will participate in the invitation program given to the Gold / Silver Award winners must be a foreign national.
(6) Only one work may be submitted per applicant.
Only one work may be accepted under one title (or series).
In case that a collection of short stories is to be applied, only one story will be accepted for examination.
Duplicate entries will be invalid.
(7) For the purpose of publicity, the MANGA Award Executive Committee may upload the winner’s MANGA works (partially) on its website upon obtaining approval from the artists.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
SOURCE– YOUTH OPPORTUNITY